ELEVEN GENERAL ORDERS
- To take charge of this post and all Young Marine property in view.
- To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing
everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
- To report all violations of orders I have been instructed to enforce.
- To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the "Guardhouse" than my
- To quit my post only when properly relieved.
- To receive, obey and pass on to the Young Marine who relieves me all orders, from
the Commanding Officer, Officer of the Day, and officers and NCO of the guard only.
- To talk to no one except in the line of duty.
- To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
- To call the Corporal of the Guard in any case not covered by instructions.
- To salute all officers and all Colors and Standards not cased.
- To be especially watchful at night and to question all persons on or near my post
and to report all personnel without property authority.